Hello CrossFit Hippo Community and Friends,
We have the opportunity to host the official CrossFit Striking Workshop here at CrossFit Hippo. It will be on Saturday, June 8, 2019.
We have included some additional information and videos below so you can see this dynamic Workshop in action.
Greg Amundson and George Ryan
The CrossFit Workshop: Striking is a single-day immersive experience that teaches participants how to increase overall fitness, core strength, rotational speed and power by incorporating striking drills into CrossFit workouts. Strikes are some of the most functional movements because punching and kicking with true power, speed and accuracy require people to utilize their entire body. This is why fighters are some of the most well-conditioned and powerful athletes in the world.
With this in mind, the Striking Workshop is designed to teach participants to incorporate basic mixed-martial-arts, boxing and self-protection striking concepts into workouts. The course also teaches attendees to program these skills into workouts for greater variance. All this is done in a non-contact format that focuses on proper technique by using shadow boxing, focus mitts, kick shields and a heavy bag.
THE STRIKING WORKSHOP TEACHES PARTICIPANTS TO:
- Achieve a fighter’s fitness level.
- Add variety to CrossFit workouts.
- Throw proper strikes and combinations.
- Understand the role of the kinetic chain and the posterior chain in supporting athletic performance and fighting.
- Increase the speed and power of strikes, regardless of experience.
- Learn proper striking mechanics.
- Learn an essential self-protection skill.
- Effectively use shadow boxing, focus mitts and a heavy bag.
*Over 100 boxes around the U.S. and beyond have implemented CrossFit Striking WODs into their weekly programming.
Here is what they say . . .
“Our athletes love the challenge that Striking WODs provide as well as the intensity and added variety in their workouts.”
“The course has something to offer everybody–from the novice up to highly skilled MMA fighters.”
Officer Chuck DiChiara
Law Enforcement Instructor
CrossFit Striking Videos: