Hippo Barbell Club- Starting July 31st!
Two hours per session twice a week Tuesday and Thursday night.
This will include a separate lifting specific program. Classes will start with mobility and warm up.
Athletes will be given a list of lifts and accessory to do and will complete at their own pace in the class time.
Class Limit 5 per Coach. Certified Lifting Coach will be on staff to assist.
Pre-requisites: Athletes must have completed On-Ramp and 3 months of CrossFit.
Hours – 4:30 – 6:30 Tuesday and Thursday
Cost- $180 for 12 week Cycle
Grab a spot while they last!
Coach Stephen Ingalls:
– 5 years Crossfit
– 5 years Weightlifting
– 8 years coaching experience
– Crossfit Level 1
– Advanced Sports Performance Coach (USAW Level 2)
– Team Houston Weightlifting athlete and coach
– 2015 Olympic Day Coach
– 2015 Senior Weightlifting Nationals Assistant Coach
– 2015 IWF World Championships Eleiko Training hall setup crew
– 2016 State Championships Assistant Coach
– 2017 State Championships Assistant Coach
– 2018 State Championships Head Coach
– 2018 American Open Series 3 Assistant Coach
– Competed in over 15 Weightlifting meets
– Qualified and competed at the 2018 Arnold Classic
– Placed top 10 in Weightlifting in the state of Texas for weight class
– Trained with Sweden’s National Team
– Has coached in multiple Weightlifting meets including State Championships and a National meet
– Best Snatch 118kgs = 260lbs
– Best Clean and Jerk 143kgs = 315lbs
– Best Back Squat 210kgs = 463lbs
– Best Front Squat 177kgs = 389lbs
Has trained under Tim Swords since 2013. Tim Swords is a Senior International Coach (USAW Level 5) and has been coaching for over 35 years. He has coached 50 national champions, Pan American Champions, a World Champion and an Olympic Medalist. He has won multiple Coach of the Year awards and has been head coach for multiple international USA Weightlifting squads.
Other individuals he’s trained under:
– Sarah Robles (World Champion and Olympic medalist in Weightlifting)
– Cameron Swart (Youth, Junior, and Senior National Champion in Weightlifting)
– Preston Turner (Junior World Champion In Powerlifting)
– Clarence Cummings (National Champion and World record holder in Weightlifting)
– Kendrick Farris (National Champion and 3 time Olympian in Weightlifting)
– Kyle Pierce (Senior International Coach and head Weightlifting coach for Ghana)
– Bob Takano (Senior International Coach with 50+ years’ experience in weightlifting)
– Ian Wilson (National Champion and youngest to snatch 300lbs at the age of 15)
– Carlos Mata (Junior World Champion in Powerlifting)
– Breanne Bassler (Junior National Champion in Weightlifting.