The staff and I have chosen Lori for Athlete of the Month of March because even with a ragin pandemic and forced shut down Lori has stayed positive and consistent with her workouts! She continues to show us that she is Humble-Hungry-Happy no matter what! This mother of four makes time to be awesome! Congrats Lori we love being a part of your awesome journey!
1.TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF.
I’m a mom of 4, married, and a workaholic. But, as of now I’m not working due to the coronavirus. When people first meet me they think I’m conceited and that I’m too serious. I’m one of the nicest people you’ll ever meet! My hard work ethic and charisma can push me a long way. No matter how hard reaching my goal may seem, nothings impossible until you do it.
2. WHAT IS ONE THING WE MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU OR BE SURPRISED TO FIND OUT?
I can open a beer bottle cap with my teeth
3. WHAT MADE YOU START CROSSFIT?
I started CrossFit because I wanted a healthier lifestyle. I had the desire to workout and soon found myself one day wanting to do something about it.
4. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT CROSSFIT?
6. WHAT IS YOUR PROUDEST CROSSFIT MOMENT?
I have to say my proudest moment was my first box jumps!! Who knew I could jump that high!!!
7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVEMENT/LIFT? LEAST FAVORITE?
Back Squats and deadlifts are my favorite. Least favorite has to be front squats
8. WHAT ARE YOUR CROSSFIT GOALS? HOW CLOSE ARE YOU TO REACHING THEM?
My CrossFit goal is to gain strength and become healthier. I still have a long way to go but, since being laid off I’ve been focusing more into staying active and making healthier eating habits. With the help of CrossFit Hippo I’m succeeding and getting into the rhythm of finding time for myself and getting things done.
9. WHAT IMPACT HAS CROSSFIT HIPPO HAD ON YOUR LIFE IN AND OUT OF THE GYM?
CrossFit Hippo has truly impacted me for the better. It’s taught me to not only get physically better, but mentally it’s made me stronger. In today’s society one can be criticized for their body, I was my biggest enemy. But from seeing results it’s truly made me happier than I’ve ever been.
10. WHAT MAKES CROSSFIT DIFFERENT FROM OTHER FITNESS PROGRAMS THAT YOU’VE TRIED IN THE PAST?
In comparison to other fitness programs, I didn’t feel as motivated and no one really pushed me. Everyone just showed up to the workout session, no socializing. They expected the newbies to get the hang of it right away which kind of sucked honestly. The herd keeps each other motivated! There’s no judging! We get 3 on ramps so we can understand the movements.
11. IF YOU COULD CREATE A WOD, WHAT WOULD IT LOOK LIKE?
NO BURPEES!!! Wall balls, back squats, deadlifts and running
12. WHEN YOU’RE NOT AT CROSSFIT, WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING TO DO?My favorite thing to do is take long walks with the hubs! That’s our time to ourselves with no kids! I loooove to sleep!