1.TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF.
I am a mother of three (ages 10, 6, 3), wife, petroleum engineer and software developer. I am from Alaska, where I have lived on and off for the past 35 years.
2. WHAT IS ONE THING WE MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU OR BE SURPRISED TO FIND OUT?
I am still always cold.
3. WHAT MADE YOU START CROSSFIT?
Post baby #2 and out of shape I met a CrossFit coach at a Christmas party.
4. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT CROSSFIT?
The way I feel doing everyday things. My body moves easily, I sit up straighter, I can drop into any athletic activity and enjoy it.
6. WHAT IS YOUR PROUDEST CROSSFIT MOMENT?
There have been a lot, anytime you can suddenly do something you could never do before. I did a negative handstand pushup the other day, that was a first.
7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVEMENT/LIFT? LEAST FAVORITE?
I love cleans, rope climbs and box jumps. I’m not a huge fan of the assault bike.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR CROSSFIT GOALS? HOW CLOSE ARE YOU TO REACHING THEM?
Not to get injured – so far so good
5 strict pullups – I’ve got 1 so far
Weightlifting – I want to be above the intermediate level in all these lifting standards https://strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/female/lb
Need more core strength to improve my squat.
9. WHAT IMPACT HAS CROSSFIT HIPPO HAD ON YOUR LIFE IN AND OUT OF THE GYM?
I started at CrossFit Hippo October 2019 at 28% body fat and I’ve reduced that as low as 21%. That’s been a huge boost to my self-confidence. I feel like I’m being the person I want to be and not just getting older.
10. WHAT MAKES CROSSFIT DIFFERENT FROM OTHER FITNESS PROGRAMS THAT YOU’VE TRIED IN THE PAST?
The results are so noticeable. It’s the first thing since high school athletics where you can see progress, be on a team and feel like your results matter.
11. IF YOU COULD CREATE A WOD, WHAT WOULD IT LOOK LIKE?
I want to try an obstacle course like Tough mudder or a Spartan race. So maybe running with rope climbs, KB swings, box jumps, farmers carries, pullups and pushups throughout.
12. WHEN YOU’RE NOT AT CROSSFIT, WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING TO DO?
In Alaska I loved mountain biking, rock climbing, and hiking. In Texas so far I’ve enjoyed exploring the surrounding area with my kids.