I am happy to announce Nolen as the Athlete of the Month of November. Nolen works hard each day and is extremely consistent! This consistency has paid off! He is leaning out and got his first Muscle Up! Congrats Nolen for being selected by the staff here at CrossFit Hippo for Athlete of the Month! Stay Humble Hungry and Happy!
1.TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF.
Grew up in Houston area went to college at A&M corpus Christi got a BS in Geology. I love the outdoors.
2. WHAT IS ONE THING WE MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU OR BE SURPRISED TO FIND OUT?
I have a green thumb and really enjoy gardening.
3. WHAT MADE YOU START CROSSFIT?
I was tired of fighting the crowds at planet fitness and other gyms and heard about crossfit from my sister.
4. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT CROSSFIT?
Pushing myself mentally and physically to extremes I thought were impossible
6. WHAT IS YOUR PROUDEST CROSSFIT MOMENT?
The 1st Muscle up
7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVEMENT/LIFT? LEAST FAVORITE?
Burpee deadlift/ push jerk
8. WHAT ARE YOUR CROSSFIT GOALS? HOW CLOSE ARE YOU TO REACHING THEM?
Doing workouts as prescribed I can do it about half the time
9. WHAT IMPACT HAS CROSSFIT HIPPO HAD ON YOUR LIFE IN AND OUT OF THE GYM?
Giving me a positive routine and a great way to start each and every day
10. WHAT MAKES CROSSFIT DIFFERENT FROM OTHER FITNESS PROGRAMS THAT YOU’VE TRIED IN THE PAST?
A positive friendly environment that is more like a community than a place you just go workout and much more challenging
11. IF YOU COULD CREATE A WOD, WHAT WOULD IT LOOK LIKE?
Burpee deadlifts overhead squat and lots of running
12. WHEN YOU’RE NOT AT CROSSFIT, WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING TO DO?
Softball and giving back to the community