Its my honor to introduce the CrossFit Hippo Athlete of the Month of February – Karen! Karen has been putting in the work and it shows! She has a great attitude and is a pleasure to coach! She shares our core values of Humble – Hungry – and Happy! Please take a moment to get to know her!
1.TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF.
My name is Karen, I have two kids, and one Pomeranian. They are the world to me. I am also a single mom.
2. WHAT IS ONE THING WE MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU OR BE SURPRISED TO FIND OUT?
One thing y’all may not know about me is I LOVE MAKEUP.
3. WHAT MADE YOU START CROSSFIT?
I joined CrossFit because of my kids. I work full time so when I would get home and I’d come tired with no energy to play with them. Now I don’t even have time to sleep with all the energy I have!
4. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT CROSSFIT?
What I enjoy the most about CrossFit is the environment, the people & I been to different CrossFit’s to try new things but this one is the best. TAKE MY MONEY LOL.
6. WHAT IS YOUR PROUDEST CROSSFIT MOMENT?
My proudest moment of CrossFit HAS to be the rope climb hands down.
7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVEMENT/LIFT? LEAST FAVORITE?
Favorite movement is Clean & jerks. Least would be snatch since I suck at those.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR CROSSFIT GOALS? HOW CLOSE ARE YOU TO REACHING THEM?
My CrossFit goal is to get a PERFECT SNATCH, my balance sucks so I fall a lot. Another one would be DL 200 pounds to join the 200club lol.
9. WHAT IMPACT HAS CROSSFIT HIPPO HAD ON YOUR LIFE IN AND OUT OF THE GYM?
It changed me physically mentally, takes my stress out, made me stronger & I’m losing weight! The CrossFit Hippo coaches have helped me in how to meal prep and prepare myself with everything.
10. WHAT MAKES CROSSFIT DIFFERENT FROM OTHER FITNESS PROGRAMS THAT YOU’VE TRIED IN THE PAST?
What makes CrossFit different? You work as a team, you have all the motivation you need because we’re family. No soldier left behind!!
11. IF YOU COULD CREATE A WOD, WHAT WOULD IT LOOK LIKE?
My special WOD would have to be running with some power cleans and some rope climbs 😂 I hate running but the more I do it the more I’ll like it.
12. WHEN YOU’RE NOT AT CROSSFIT, WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING TO DO?
When I’m not at CrossFit I’m either working, or enjoy quality time with my kiddos. If I could choose a quote, mine would be “SURROUND YOURSELF WITH PEOPLE WHO NOT ONLY MAKE YOU BETTER, BUT STRONGER”