- TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF.
I moved to the US 10 years ago from Bolivia.
I work as an engineer at Wood.
I do not have any family in the states other than my husband and two kids. But I do consider CrossFit Hippo my extended family.
- WHAT IS ONE THING WE MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU OR BE SURPRISED TO FIND OUT?
Contrary to popular believe…I eat a lot!!!!
My husband bet I wouldn’t survive the 1st month….it is going to be my 2nd year in July!!!!
I demonstrated myself I can do things I never thought I could!
- WHAT MADE YOU START CROSSFIT?
My best friend from work convinced me to try it out when I mentioned I wanted to start working out because I was tired of being sitting all day at work.
I was scared at first. Being me so shy and slim I thought it was something near impossible for me.
I will never forget what George told me on the first day “be careful you might get addicted to CrossFit…..he was right, I am addicted to CrossFit!”
- WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT CROSSFIT?
I love the herd!!! The way we all support each other…there is no small achievement and they all encourage you to keep trying!!!
- WHAT IS YOUR PROUDEST CROSSFIT MOMENT?
The Katy team classic competition …I am a very shy person! I never imagined I would compete in anything! But thanks to the hippo spirit I decided to try it out 🙂
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVEMENT/LIFT? LEAST FAVORITE?
Favorite …Power Clean and box jumps
Least Favorite …double unders
- WHAT ARE YOUR CROSSFIT GOALS? HOW CLOSE ARE YOU TO REACHING THEM?
Double unders and pull ups are this year’s goals. I have been practicing double unders more and I even bought a jump rope to practice at home …just need to start 😳
- WHAT IMPACT HAS CROSSFIT HIPPO HAD ON YOUR LIFE IN AND OUT OF THE GYM?
Huge impact! It helps me relieve stress and feel better about myself for not giving up and keep trying! Every day is a challenge
- WHAT MAKES CROSSFIT DIFFERENT FROM OTHER FITNESS PROGRAMS THAT YOU’VE TRIED IN THE PAST?
I think it challenges yourself every time! There are not easy ones and there is always a PR to get!!
- IF YOU COULD CREATE A WOD, WHAT WOULD IT LOOK LIKE?
- WHEN YOU’RE NOT AT CROSSFIT, WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING TO DO?
Spending time with my family. Depending on the weather; watching a movie or going to the park